What to bring?
- Booking confirmation
- Lace-up shoes (tennis shoes, sneakers) with no hooks are loose parts. If you forget you shoes home - don't worry, you can also borrow shoes from Sirius.
- Shirt with no collar (t-shirt, college shirt, technical hirt) and trousers, over which the flying suit can be comfortably put on.
- If you have long hair, plate it or tie it back and also brings a hairbrush.
Come in good time
Arrive one hour before the time that you have booked for paper work, getting changed and briefing. There are other people flying on your group and the briefing can be only done once. Unfortunately, it is not possible to wait for missing persons.
Mastering the technique
The instructors will teach
- how to enter and exit the tunnel
- the right flying position
- 4 finger signs used for communication
Listen carefully to what they say and ask if anything is unclear.
WATCH OUR FLYING BRIEFING VIDEO FROM THIS LINK
Sirius will provide fliers with the overalls, helmets and goggles that they need, and can also lend out shoes if necessary. You can leave your own possessions in a locker. You should empty all your pockets and remove any jewellery and belt. If you have long hair, tie it back, preferably in plaits or a ponytail, which can be put under the helmet.
Let’s go flying!
Flying takes place for periods of one-two minute long intervals, one flier at a time. Let yourself go and enjoy the sensational feeling! Flyers waiting their turn sit in the waiting area in the order shown on the screen. Watch others fly and try to learn from what you see.
Do not remove your helmet or go anywhere near the door unless it is your turn. Wait for the instructor's sign to enter the flying chamber.
Your first flight
- Raise your hands, your chin. Lean forwards, hips pushed forwards. Let the instructor take your in.
- Remember to breath, keep your chin up
- Stay firm but not overly tense
- Do not become "spaghetti" or start swimming or kicking
- Keep your body symmetrical and straight
- Do not try to find the instructor by turning your head. You will start spinning. Do not worry, the instructor is there and will take care of you.
- Follow finger signs by the instructor
- When your flight nears its end, the lights will flash and the instructor will take you to the door. Grab the door frame and step out.
After your first flight
Watch the delay screen to see what happened and what you can learn for your next flight.
Enjoy the instructors’ demo
After their own flights, new flyers can watch a wild demonstration by their instructor, after which they leave the waiting area accompanied by the instructor.
Would you like another go straight away?
After the flight, you have the chance to book additional time for a special price, if there is any free time in the booking system.
Your friends/family are more than welcome to take photos/video behind the wind tunnel glass during your flight.
Did we spark your interest?
The Sirius Fly Pro programme is meant for beginners who may want to continue tunnel-flying independently or with their own coach. Find out about the possibilities if you catch the flying bug!