Terms & conditions
AGREEMENT FOR SAFETY
For reasons of safety, everyone must sign a declaration of state of health and release from liability. Those under the age of 18 require their parent or guardian to sign.
Read the agreement here.
User terms and conditions
When you book and buy time from Sirius Sport Resort Oy, you are also accepting the following terms and conditions so read them carefully. They are very important.
These terms are general. More detailed requirements for each activity can be found under the activity page and the Statement of health and waiver form.
What prevents participation in Sirius activities for safety reasons?
- Being under the influence of alcohol or some other substance that affects consciousness, or otherwise having a reduced level of consciousness because of illness, tiredness, dizziness, panic attack, etc.
- Injury to shoulder/neck/back (especially a dislocated shoulder)
- Limb dislocation injuries and bad knee injuries
- Plaster casts and convalescence from surgery, serious illness, etc.
- Heart problems or a pacemaker
- Minimum recommended age 5 years (rope park: 5-8 year old children climb with adult)
- Weight limit 125 kg
- Minimum height limits: bodyboarding: 107 cm and flowboarding 132 cm. In the rope park the height limit for track 1 - 110cm, track 2 and 3 - 120 cm
If you are booking activities for someone else than yourseld
Remember that it is your duty to inform them immediately concerning the above-mentioned restrictions and all other user terms and conditions, such as collecting the declaration of state of health and release from liability signed by the parents of minors and bringing them to Sirius for inspection by the personnel.
The declaration of state of health and release from liability must be signed, and for minors by a parent/guardian
All those participating in Sirius activities must carefully read and sign the declaration of state of health and release from liability before they are allowed to participate in activities. All activities entail risks about which each participant must be informed before starting.
PLEASE NOTE! Children under the age of 18 must have written permission from their parent/guardian! Without such permission, they may not participate in activities.
With the declaration of release from liability, Sirius Sport Resort Oy is released from liability. Those participating in Sirius activities declare that they are aware of the risk of serious injury or death.
Sirius Sport Resort Oy is not responsible for the insurance of those participating in activities. Each user is obliged to check the coverage of his/her own insurance with his/her insurance company before participating in activities.
Arrive on time
Arrive one hour before the flight, 30 minutes before surfing
It is not possible to participate in the activities of the sports centre without safety instruction and safety equipment, so you must arrive at the flight tunnel no later than 60 minutes and to the flowrider no later than 30 minutes before your booking. Safety instruction is mandatory and organised for everyone.
If you are late, it will not necessarily be possible to move the booked time, and you will lose the money you have paid and your place may be given to someone else.
If you have already participated three times in bodyboarding or flowboarding lessons, you may arrive at the time when your booking begins. There must have been previous safety instruction for both types of surfing before this condition may be applied.
It is compulsory to participate in the safety brief at least once per rope park season.
Activities take place in a group
– except if you have booked the tunnel or pool exclusively for yourself
When you participate in Sirius activities, you do so with other people, except if you have rented a surf pool or the flying tunnel exclusively for your own use. An individual customer cannot know in advance who or how many people will participate in activities with him/her. A group of 1-15 people usually takes part in tunnel-flying and, in the surfing pool, 2 groups of 1-20 people take part in bodyboarding and a group of 1-20 people in flowboarding. Instructors have the right to ensure the access of everyone to the surfing pool and to request that those who have been there for a long time give way to others.
In the flying tunnel, you should wear trousers and a normal shirt (a shirt with a collar is not recommended). You will put overalls on top of your own clothes (a long skirt or dress must be taken off first). Your own clothes may also get dirty or damaged under the overalls. You should also bring lace-up sports shoes. If you have long hair, tie it back and also brings a hairbrush. All jewellery (necklaces, bracelets, rings, etc.) including watches and piercings must be taken off, pockets emptied, belts taken off and all loose items left in a locker. Jewellery that comes off in the flying tunnel is dangerous both for you and your instructor. If you leave anything in your pockets or jewellery than hurts the instructor or damages the wind tunnel machinery, you are liable for the compensation of damage, which may be tens of thousands of euros.
When you come to the surfing pool, you will put a wetsuit on top of your own normal swimming costume. All jewellery (necklaces, bracelets, rings, etc.) including watches and piercings must be taken off, pockets emptied and all loose items left in a locker. Surfing in a bikini is not possible as the strong current will easily tear off the bikini top. Nothing sharp (jewellery, spectacles, plastic, shoes, etc.) must be brought to the pool, as even a small hole or tear makes the expensive surface membrane of FlowRider unusable, which may result in liability for damages amounting to €20,000.
For climbing, we recommend exercise clothing or light clothing that is suitable for hiking. You will get warm quickly during the activities, so dress in a way that you can remove a layer if you are too warm. It may also be beneficial to have a bag with some extra clothing. Sneakers or hiking boots with good soles are an advantage. It is no problem to climb while it is raining, so take some light rain gear in your bag. For your hands take some gloves especially for the children.
The use of your own equipment
In the flying tunnel: only equipment and suits designed for wind tunnel flying can be used inside the wind tunnel. The instructor must always approve all equipment used, if the customer wants to use his/her own equipment. At his/her own discretion, the instructor may forbid the use of the customer’s own equipment without any explanation or compensation..
In the surfing pool (FlowRider): you may only use the flowboards and the board must have has been approved by the instructor (the board must be inspected each time). At his/her own discretion, the instructor may forbid the use of the customer’s own board without any explanation or compensation.
The instructor is the boss
The instructors are there to ensure your safety. If the instructor asks you to do something in a certain way, you must follow his/her instructions. If the instructor considers that the user does not want or is unable to follow the instructions he/she has given, he/she has the right to remove the user from the activity site immediately. No refund will be given for remaining time or for a suspended session and, under such circumstances, the customer is not entitled to compensation. In case of serious violations or endangering Sirius personnel, machinery or other customers, prosecution may follow.
Intoxicating substances and sport do not go together – we have a zero-tolerance policy about this
For us, your safety comes first. You may not participate in activities if you are under the influence of any substance whatsoever that affects consciousness (alcohol, tranquilising medication, narcotics) or in an impaired condition (illness, fatigue, etc.) Sirius personnel have the right to breathalise customers and/or deny them access to the activities without compensation, if they suspect that the consciousness of a customer is at a reduced level or if the customer behaves aggressively.
For the above-mentioned or other important reasons, Sirius personnel have the right to refuse to allow a customer to participate in an activity that he/she has booked. No refund will be given for remaining time or for a suspended session and, under such circumstances, the customer is not entitled to any other compensation.
In case of serious violations or endangering Sirius personnel, machinery or other customers, prosecution may follow.
Some special groups (with different physical and mental disabilities) have practised in the flying tunnel and surfing pools. Rope Park, however, is not suitable for those with paralysis of the limbs. Please contact Sirius first before making such a visit, so that together we can consider whether or not Sirius’ activities are suitable in your own individual case. Where possible, we always endeavour to realise the wishes of special groups regarding participation in the activities.
Customer feedback and complaints
Customer feedback is important to us. It can be given either by e-mail email@example.com. Any possible complaints must be made in writing within two months of the fault or defect being noticed, and possible demands must be made at the same time. Complaints and demands must be directed to our office staff.
No refund of payments or compensation for lost or damaged items
Reservation payments made will not be refunded for any reason, unless it is a question of negligence by Sirius Sport Resort Oy or an unforeseeable situation for which the company could not have prepared, as a result of which the activity for which the customer has paid cannot be supplied to him/her. Please read the terms for payment and cancellation carefully. If an activity is cancelled in the above-mentioned way as a result of something over which Sirius Sport Resort Oy has no control, the costs or losses incurred will not be compensated. In principle, a cancelled session will be moved to another time. Sirius Sport Resort Oy is not liable for damage that may be suffered by customers. No compensation will be paid in case any equipment or clothing of the customer gets damaged during participation in an activity.
Insurance and limitation of liability
Please make sure that your insurance covers the risks that participation in Sirius activities entail. Contact your insurance company in advance for more information. Sirius Sport Resort Oy does not separately insure people taking part in activities, so the taking out of insurance is the responsibility of each customer. Sirius Sport Resort Oy is not liable for damage suffered by customers, unless stipulated otherwise in peremptory legislation.
The operations of Sirius Sport Resort Oy and their terms and conditions are subject to Finnish law. Any possible matters of dispute will be arbitrated at Uusimaa District Court. Consumer customers also have the chance to have their case dealt with under the Consumer Protection Act.
Booking and cancellation terms for private customers
Please read the user terms and conditions carefully and also inform the members of your group. Particularly consider those under the age of 18.
- The activities of the sports centre are always paid for in advance. Making bookings and payments is possible on the website www.siriussport.fi up until the evening preceding the time being booked. Bookings for the same day may be made by telephone having a credit card available for making payment on the phone. If a customer has not, however, registered at the sports centre reception no later than 60 mins prior to the time of his/her reservation for flying or 30 minutes for surfing, Sirius Sport Resort Oy is entitled to sell the reserved time to another person. Time paid for but not used cannot be moved or refunded to the customer.
Gift Card / Certificate
A gift token must be used during its period of validity. It is not possible to prolong the validity of the gift card. A gift token may not be redeemed for cash, nor can any unused part of it be refunded in cash. If you wish, a gift token may be given to somebody else having the right to use the gift card in that particular price category.
Cancellations/changes/turning up late
A reserved time may be brought forward or postponed if the change is made no later than 24 hours before the scheduled time. If a booked and paid-for time is moved so that the price of the service changes, Sirius Sport Resort Oy has the right to charge the customer for the difference and also for any possible handling fees. If the change is made later than 24 hours before the scheduled time, Sirius Sport Resort Oy is entitled to keep the advance payment in full. Time already paid for can be given up for the use of someone else. A paid booking fee will not be refunded for any reason.
- Sirius Sport Resort Oy has the right to change a reserved time, however, as long as the customer is informed about the change in good time. In such a case, the customer is entitled to his/her money back, if he/she so wishes. Sirius Sport Resort Oy reserves the right not to pay the customer any other compensation.
- Turning up late or failing/forgetting to use a booked time If a customer is late or fails to turn up without advanced warning, he/she will lose his/her booking and booking fee. It is not possible to participate in the activities of the sports centre without safety instruction and safety equipment, so you must arrive no later than 60 minutes before your booking. Registering at reception and receiving your key takes a little time. Flying and instruction take place in groups, and the group cannot wait for individual people who turn up late.
- In cases of force majeure (e.g. an unscheduled power outage or other situation, which could not have been foreseen, and which prevents or delays the provision of an ordered and/or paid for activity/service), Sirius Sport Resort Oy has the right to ask customers to wait until the situation has been resolved. Force majeure will be considered to be all things that are beyond the control of Sirius Sport Resort Oy. If a situation cannot be resolved within a reasonable period of time, the customer is entitled to receive his/her booking fee back. Sirius Sport Resort Oy reserves the right not to pay the customer any other compensation.
- The operations of Sirius Sport Resort Oy and their terms and conditions are subject to Finnish law. Any possible matters of dispute will be arbitrated at Itä-Uudenmaan District Court. Consumers/customers also have the chance to have their case dealt with under the Consumer Protection Act.
Booking and payment terms for corporate customers
PLEASE NOTE! CORPORATE AND GROUP CUSTOMERS ARE SUBJECT TO THE USER TERMS AS PRIVATE CUSTOMERS. THE USER TERMS CONTAIN MATTERS CONCERNING STATE OF HEALTH, WHICH THE PERSON MAKING A RESERVATION ON BEHALF OF A GROUP MUST REMEMBER TO INFORM THE GROUP MEMBERS ABOUT IN ADVANCE. This can be made easier by sending all group members the user terms by e-mail.
The activities are always paid for in advance
- Bookings for activities are fully charged for in advance. Group and corporate customers are always reserved their own pool/half of a pool or a certain length of time in the tunnel. If a member of a group fails to turn up, those present may divide the extra time amongst themselves. If there is a lot of tunnel time left unused (more than 15 mins), in some cases it can be used at a later time, provided that Sirius Sport Resort Oy considers that this can be done easily without affecting other bookings. The booking fee paid for activities is not refundable under any circumstances.
- If payments have not been made by the due date, Sirius Sport Resort Oy has the right to cancel the booking or consider it cancelled without refunding the customer or being liable for damages. Under such circumstances, no possible advance payment will be refunded.
Payments for restaurant and conference facilities
- 50% of the cost of the booking will be charged at the time of booking.
- The remaining 50% will be charged two weeks before the event.
- Possible additional orders will be paid for on the day in cash or by credit card.
If payments have not been made by the due date, Sirius Sport Resort Oy has the right to cancel the booking or consider it cancelled without refunding the customer or being liable for damages. Under such circumstances, no possible advance payment will be refunded.
If a cancellation takes place no later than two weeks prior to the event, it can be moved to a later time. Payments already made will not be refunded. Notice of cancellation must always be given in writing.
If you are late for your activity, no refund will be made, and the time corresponding to the length of the delay will be lost. Sirius Sport Resort Oy is not obliged to refund time that the customer loses by turning up late. The start time stated by Sirius Sport Resort Oy is just an estimate and might be delayed because of delays for previous users and other justified reasons. Such a delay is not considered to be a breach of agreement by Sirius Sport Resort Oy, and will not be refunded to customers.
Restaurant and conference facilities
If an event is moved no later than four weeks prior to its scheduled time, the booking fee will be transferred in its entirety to the new time and the customer will not lose any of his/her booking fee, except if costs are incurred for Sirius Sport Resort Oy by subcontractors. If an event is cancelled no later than three weeks prior to its scheduled time, 30% of the booking fee is refunded, if the agreements concluded between Sirius Sport Resort Oy and its subcontractors allow it. If an event is cancelled no later than two weeks prior to its scheduled time, 20 % of the booking fee is refunded, if the agreements concluded between Sirius Sport Resort Oy and its subcontractors allow it. In the case of cancellations taking place less than two weeks prior to the event, the entire booking fee will be kept. Notice of cancellation must always be given in writing
In cases of force majeure (e.g. an unscheduled power outage or other situation, which could not have been foreseen, and which prevents or delays the provision of an ordered and/or paid for activity/service), Sirius Sport Resort Oy has the right to ask customers to wait until the situation has been resolved. If the situation cannot be resolved within a reasonable period of time, the customer has the right to receive his/her booking fee back or to move the event to a time stipulated by Sirius Sport Resort Oy. Sirius Sport Resort Oy reserves the right not to pay the customers any other compensation. Force majeure will be considered to be all things that are beyond the control of Sirius Sport Resort Oy
All notices concerning these terms and conditions or the activity or service based on them must be made in writing. Possible complaints must be made within one month of the fault or defect being noticed and, as far as invoicing is concerned, no later than by the date of reminder stated on the invoice.
Responsibilities and limits of liability
The person booking an activity or facility is responsible for any damage that may be caused by the persons participating in the event. With regard to extra cleaning and repair costs, Sirius Sport Resort Oy has the right to charge a reasonable margin in addition to its own cost price.
Sirius Sport Resort Oy is not liable for indirect damage that may be suffered by users of activities or facilities. With regard to direct damages, the liability of Sirius Sport Resort Oy is limited to half the price of the booking, and covers only those damages that the person booking the activity or facility can prove to have been caused by the negligence of Sirius Sport Resort Oy
Applicable law and resolution of disputes
The operations of Sirius Sport Resort Oy and their terms and conditions are subject to Finnish law. Any possible matters of dispute will be arbitrated at District Court of Itä-Uusimaa.