Several of us team Sirius members have found our homes here and moved to Pyhtää - and we absolutely love it here. Pyhtää just has it all. We live and breath Pyhtää 24/7.
Official Tourist Site
Pyhtää & Kotka-Hamina region
Country-style living In Pyhtää
- Hotel Manor Patruuna House - 2.5km from Sirius. 22 romantic, beautiful rooms, 47 beds. Wine cellar, karting, river sauna & bath tub.
- Two apartments 4+6 - 3km from Sirius. Sauna, washing machine, modern kitchens. Friendly host, speaks also English. Nice yard for kids to play in. 500m from river. Great reviews.
- Cottage Struka - 1km from Sirius by the River Kymi. For 12 persons. Sauna, well-equipped. The company has also 2 other cottages near-by.
- Pyhtää Cottages - 10km from Sirius. Several modern, well equipped cottages by the sea for 5-7 persons. Can be rented with annual or day basis depending on season.
- Guest House Terikoff - 10 km from Sirius. Luxury living for two.
- Sokos Seurahuone Kotka - 15min drive from Sirius. Modern hotel with night club and restaurants. Great location in town centre of Kotka, parking. Everybody loves the breakfast here!
Five Star Camping & Cottages
- ***** Santalahti Camping & Holiday Resort in Kotka - 25km from Sirius. Ok - it is a bit far but they have it all, it is well worth the visit! Cottages, luxury log houses, tent camping, caravan sites, sauna world, activities, full size golf course. By the sea, great beach for kids. The place attracts 55 000 visitors annually and most of them return. Check out why! Comes warmly recommended by our guests.
Official Pyhtää municipality web page
- One of the oldest municipalities of Finland. Earliest known information about Pyhtää is a document dating back to 1347 but there are earlier kown settlements. The document is about a dispute over the use of dams for salmon fishing in the rapids Ahvenkoski.
- Some 5,000 inhabitants, out of whom 8.4% are Swedish-speaking
- Most Eastern bi-lingual municipality in Finland. All municipal services are available in both Finnish and Swedish.
Brief history of Pyhtää
- Pyhtää has been an independent parish and an administrative unit since the beginning of the 16th century.
- The municipality reached its largest expanse in the second half of the 16th century, covering in addition to today's territory also Elimäki, Kymi, Anjala, Ruotsinpyhtää and some villages Lapinjärvi.
- Residents of Pyhtää have suffered from wars and strife throughout history. Here fought the Vikings, the Danes, the Norwegians, Novgorod, the Russian and the Polish. After the war between Russia and Sweden, in accordance with the terms of the peace treaty signed in 1743, the state border was moved to Ahvenkoski and Pyhtää was divided into two parts. The part that remained Swedish became known as Ruotsinpyhtää - Swedish Pyhtää, and the territory ceded to Russia kept the original name of Pyhtää.
- The economic development of the region was influenced by the proximity of the sea and the river Kymi, as well as "The Great Coastal Road" - the post and army tract from Turku to Vyborg, built in the early Middle Ages.
- A stone church was built in the middle of the 15th century in the place where the river Kymi intersects with the "Great coastal road".
Main tourist attractions in Pyhtää
Activities in Pyhtää
Home? Vacation home? Place of business? - Welcome to Pyhtää.
Pyhtää is located only an hours drive from Helsinki with the friction of the real estate prices of the capital region. With the price of a one bed room studio it is possible to even find a house by the sea in Pyhtää. We also have functioning health care, great schools and teachers (also a Swedish school), nature and fresh air, clubs and associations, river Kymi and the sea. There are also all basic services you need: grocery shops, bakery, pharmacy, post office, flower shop and petrol stations. Unlike many other municipalities, the economy of Pyhtää also is doing very well.
Buy a land plot - there are several municipal real estate developments happening for both pernmanent and holiday living. Contact the municipality directly at the address Siltakyläntie 175, 49220 Siltakylä
Further information: http://www.pyhtaa.fi/fi/asukkaat/asuminen/rakentaminen/tontit
Buy a home - if you are interested in buying an existing property, we recommend real estate agent Mrs Katja Kytönen, who lives in Pyhtää and knows this place inside out. Katja also used to work in Sirius and we miss her dearly, so do give our warmest regards to her.
Bring your business to Pyhtää - contact local development company Cursor Oy who will aid you free of charge!
Want to know about our experiences? - Just contact Sirius info (at) siriussport.fi and we are happy to do so - for no charge. Several of us have moved to Pyhtää both from outside and inside of Finland. There are five Sirius kids in two Pyhtää schools. We can also tell you about how it is to work with the municipality of Pyhtää. Sirius staff has experience of opening/bringing some 40 companies to Finland out of which six to Sirius. We know what we are talking about - both as entrepreneurs and private persons.
There are also several opportunities in Sirius for business, read more at the Invest In tab.